DCT Aviation welcomes students from all over the world!
Students Not Requiring an M-1 Visa
Students who are legally living in the US on a valid Visa do not need to apply for an M-1 Visa. All international students will be required to apply for TSA (Transportation Security Administration) approval to train in the US. For more information on the process of gaining TSA approval, click here.
Students Requiring an M-1 Visa - COMING SOON!!
The application process for an M-1 Visa for international students requires a few steps. All international students will be required to apply for TSA (Transportation Security Administration) approval to train in the US. For more information on the process of gaining TSA approval, click here. If you require an M-1 Visa, you must receive clearance from the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) by submitting a SEVP I-20 Application to DCT Aviation. Once you have completed this application and paid the application fee ($150), an I-20 will be mailed to you. Upon receipt of the I-20, you can make an appointment with your US Embassy or Consulate to obtain your M-1 Visa. You should apply for the Visa at least 120 days prior to your program start date. Once you receive the Visa, you may enter the United States no earlier than 30 days prior to your program start date.
How to Apply
International students must complete the following steps to attend DCT Aviation:
- Fill out a DCT Aviation Student Application.
- Fill out an I-20 Application (students requiring an M-1 Visa), and pay the $150 processing fee.
- Prior to the I-20 being processed, International students on M-1 Visa’s must schedule a phone consultation with
DCT Aviation and confirm training funds are available for enrollment.
- Complete an on-line application for TSA clearance (to train in the US) at www.flightschoolcandidates.gov. For information on completing this form, click here.
- Bring your I-20 to your US Embassy or consulate to obtain the M-1 Visa.
- Complete the TSA application by attending a fingerprinting appointment in the US upon arrival.
- Schedule Enrollment date within the first 30 days of arrival in the US.
If you have any questions, please contact us and we'll be happy to assist you.